Archive: January, 2010
1. Navigation – Consistent and intuitive navigation should be present throughout the site. Remember that the home page is not the only entry point for the site – users should be able to understand the site’s interface without having visited the home page.
◦ Bread crumbs should be added to the navigation with links to indicate what page the user is on in respect to other pages. Example: Home > Topic > Topic
◦ A search features should be available on every page and search results should be relevant.
◦ A Site map should be available and contain links to the main topics.
◦ A link to the home page should be present on every page. It is customary for this link to be associated with the logo.
Website usability refers to the efficiency in which users are able to navigate throughout a site and effectively accomplish their goals. This may include locating information, downloading documents, making purchases, and so forth. One of main approaches for achieving usability is user-centered design, which is a process in which the needs, wants, and limitations of users are determined and taken into account during all of the developmental stages of the website. User-centered design differs from other approaches in that it attempts to optimize the website interface in a way that is easy for users to interact with it, instead of forcing the users to change how they interact to accommodate the interface. (more…)
Welcome to our new site. The thought behind this project is to address some of the problems that marketers are facing today and offer solutions. Marketing your business does not have to be a pain and we are here to help show you how. The exciting thing about marketing your business in this ever-changing world is that new techniques and tools are being built every day. Mix in some tried and true methods, some testing and you have yourself a new approach to marketing your business.
The best thing is, you don’t have to break the bank in doing so. With the way that technology is evolving, the field is leveling for the small business owner so much that you can get professional results just by choosing the right methods for your market.
Thanks for stopping by. We are going to be adding a bunch of resources to this project to make it worth your time to return again and again. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and we will see what we can do to help.