Optimizing a web page is one of the results of the huge explosion in the number of web pages and the increase in awareness of the users of the internet. These days, people run searches on internet search engines while looking for various things and as these searches increase, there is a necessity by the search engines to develop parameters for ranking the pages which they have indexed. These parameters get more complex as more pages are added and site owners sometimes employ various tactics in trying to get a top ranking on search rankings. Getting an excellent on-page optimization is also important as it will impact positively on the readability of your site.
There are some fundamental techniques which you have to know when trying to optimize your web page for good ranking on the search engines.
1. Title Optimization: As the very first thing which a search engine shows and indexes, your title tag must be sufficiently brief and descriptive as to help provide identification of you and your business for visitors to your site. In other words, it has to be very attractive to both the search engine as well your visitors. In order to achieve this, you need to include your business name, name as well site name in your title. While you need to avoid packing in too many keywords in your title tag, it should ideally contain strong keywords which reflect the purpose of your site.
2. Meta Tags Optimization: The Meta tag is no longer as important as it used to be but then, it cannot be ignored so you will need to write very attractive Meta tags for your site. Make sure you put in phrases that are in line with what your visitors will likely be looking for.
3. Important HTML Tags: There are portions of your site which could be outstanding to your visitors and will normally grab their attention. You will have to also pay attention to those potions by using the HTML tags gainfully. Tags such as the header, bold and italic tags are very important.
4. Keyword Optimization and Synonyms: The keywords contained in the main text on your site are also very important. The problem is that many people tend to pack in so many keywords that the text becomes virtually unreadable. This is one of the easiest ways to attract penalization from the search engines these days. The ideal balance must be struck between great reading content and appropriate keyword density. It is therefore important for you to conduct adequate research to ascertain the proper keywords for your text and there are numerous tools for this both paid for and otherwise such as Google Adwords Keywords Tool. Additionally, you can also use synonyms instead of repeating keywords. This way, you retain the readability of your text as well as the keywords attractiveness.
5. Link Optimization: In addition to making movement through your site easier for your visitors, you internal and external outbound links must be good enough to be picked up by search engines. Avoid devaluing your outbound by using the proper keywords in the anchor text linking you to other sites.